Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Purely Pinspirational!














Where to start?.....well I'm working on a lot of different things at once and have gotten so gummed up thinking about working on any of them.  There is so much to complete that I've lost my inspirational drive.  Creativity is an emotion based thing.  I have to feel passionately about completing something for there to be drive to finish and see the end product. 


To list a few things that I'm working on: 

1. My nephew's birthdays are here, one just passed and the other is around the corner.  I want to complete a blanket for Donnie that I've been working on close to a year now.  For James I wanted to make fabric scrap letters for an alphabet set for him to play with.  I did a tutorial about this not too long ago.  Turns out, that project is wholly time consuming.

(That was really 2 things I guess, oops :) 

 2.  My friend Rita needs a project done that is kind of unique and giving me trouble coming up with the best way to accomplish what she envisions. 


3.  Persian attire pieces of which I have many needing to be completed.  As usual I have so many things started and unfinished.  There are a few pairs of leggings I want to complete.  One needs a waistband adjustment.  The other two aren't even cut yet, but the fabrics are a dream and I love just thinking about them.  Then there is an under dress that my Mom gifted to me recently, thanks Mom!  It needs some finish work.  The fabric is so pretty; brown with gold specks and swashes.  Subtle beauty is always my favorite.  To match this I made my own fabric print to make into an over coat for my gifted under dress.  Plain white linen fabric with a sunburst stamp print in gold fabric paint.  I'm very pleased with it's outcome and will share more about it in a minute.  There is also a maroon thicker fabric that I want to make an over coat with, but I'm nervous, cause I want it to fit tighter than my other Persian garments usually do.  I want a flatteringly fitted formal garment for those special occasions.  But I've had some issues with measuring just right, so I'm just stressing the details.

4.  Garment alterations for my personal wardrobe begging my attention number in double digits and that doesn't even include Hubby's wardrobe.  A red dress that needs to be taken in (hopefully a future pinspiration project showcased here).  I found a pair of maroon skinny jeans that are a little big and need fitting.  Several shirts needing simple changes to renew their look so I'll be excited to wear them again.  A shirt that I bought at the thrift store before seeing the large stain on it.  I'm thinking about doing a stamped print over the whole of the shirt placed perfectly to cover the stained area (hopefully I can showcase this one too). 

There are some other things too on top of these, but I'm starting to bore myself with the length of my ramblings.  Onto better things....

This last weekend I found a fabric for the pants and bought the white linen for the Persian attire.  Sunday I spent some time printing the fabric to match the brown & gold under dress.  I've seen pins on Pinterest that outline printing your own fabric.  Tea towels, scarves, onesies, and such.  So when I couldn't find a fabric to go with the under dress, I decided to give a try at printing my own fabric. 

From Pinspiration:


To Reality:








No comments:

Post a Comment