Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Flash Friday

Happy Valentine's Day!

Welcome to the very first edition of Flash Friday, where the photos I've taken throughout the week are enhanced in Instagram and then my favorites are shared with you here.  For this first edition, I'll share my day with you. 



Yesterday and the day before ran together and turned into one big Valentine's Day.  We started the 13th off with heart shaped donuts and hot chocolate, which are Hubby's favorite breakfast foods.


For dinner I cooked beef stew in the crock pot.  I've made the recipe twice now since Christmas when I got the crock pot from my Mom.  But, for this evenings beef stew, instead of regular old carrots, I carved them into hearts. 

You can find the tutorial here http://pinterest.com/pin/286330488781105142/.

 

Hubby isn't much of a photo person so I usually have to think & act quickly if I am to succeed in capturing him.  This set was one photo that I took and split in Instagram.  The lighting came out great and I love the sun flare on mine. 
I'd finished the dog house for our newest family member. So we were ready to start the search for our new friend.  We went to the local animal shelter and we found her.  The most beautiful and gentle creature I've ever met.  We named her Gypsy. 


She is already taking to her new life, home and routine.  We couldn't be happier about how well she is fitting in here.  She is so mild tempered, quiet and loving.  She just radiates with intelligence and we are excited to see how she grows, learns & plays.  


Finally for the planned part of the day as Gypsy was sort of impromptu. Thom for me got the lovely vase you see pictured above.  I love selecting flowers from the garden that are in bloom to use in decorating our home.  So as you see, these flowers are from our yard and they go very well with the vase.  I am making a penny key chain, which I am working on turning into a tutorial.  So I wasn't able to get it finished before this holiday.  So I made nice prints of my favorite photos of Hubby and I.  This went over very well with him and I'll be hanging some of them in the house over the next few months.

Thanks for joining me.  Hope you too had a great Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment