Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Garden Monday

Spring is coming! Spring is coming!

Punxsutawney Phil, the famous groundhog that decides whether spring is early, on-time, or late has made his verdict.  He did not see his shadow.  What does this mean?  Spring is EARLY!  Which means that we will have warmer days upon us and that we can plant a little earlier for summer crops.  

This is one of my favorite times of year in the garden because it's when my flowers come out to bloom that have been hiding all the rest of the year.  This image above is of a plant that hides, a bulb, underground all year except for a couple months in spring.  We all but forget that it is there until it starts to put up it's green leaves.  This year it happened to be where we chose to put our newest footpath.  It is such a pretty blossom that I believe I will have to find it a new home after it is finished gracing us with its beauty.  That way I can continue to enjoy it in the years to come.

Well, I hope you too are enjoying this season and I'd love to see your blooms!  guerrakristen@rocketmail.com is where you can send them and I'll post them for everyone to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment